Saturday, December 12, 2009

Instead of using eyeshadow primer can i use nivea cream mixed with body butter? or sumthin?

it would only be missing the concealer,


i dont wear concealer. makeup like that


usually makes me break out and i find


it ugly anyway because i feel like im wearing


to much. anyway thats besides the point.


would this method be fine too??Instead of using eyeshadow primer can i use nivea cream mixed with body butter? or sumthin?
I would suggest invensting in a real primer. A GREAT low cost one is the ELF mineral primer (like $3 I think!)


or Urban Decay Primer Potion


or Too Faced Shadow Insurance


OR


MAC paintpots (bare study, soft ochre, painterly etc)





OR


cliche cosmetics has a fab one!Instead of using eyeshadow primer can i use nivea cream mixed with body butter? or sumthin?
I'm not sure about that, I havent tried it.


But I don't reccommend lip balm, I tried it and it made my eyelids sting REALLY badly.





I myself use a skin coloured paint pot from MAC, it doesnt irritate and it REALLY works. It keeps my eyeshadow on all day, and with it on my eyeshadow doesnt crease at all, but its still nice and easy to get off when you want to take it off with makeup wipes or eye makeup removers, etc. It is a tad expensive, but it lasts ages, I've had the same one for almost a year and I'm about half way done with it.











edit: foundation does work, if you use a grease based one like they do in weddings and photoshoots, etc. but if you use normal liquid foundation, or mineral foundation, etc. then it wont work.


and the grease based foundations arent incredibly cheap or good for your skin. They make me and people in my class get more pimples than usual. and they don't last all that long (as in, theres not that much product in one thing) and you usually have to mix more than one colour together to get your shade. And also you have to powder down REALLY well, with a powder puff and loose powder.
i wouldnt use those because throught the day im afraid you might get creases on your eyelid. i would use your foundation as an eyelid primer. i use this methd on my clients all the time and it works great, and i use this is im doing makeup for weddings because it really helps to keep the eyeshadow in tact. and it saves you a bunch of money.
You can try any mixtures you've heard may work but I don't see anything working as well as primer. If you go to Sephora (or if you don't have a store close http://www.sephora.com) you can get Urban Decay's Eyeshadow Primer Potion for $17 and it's worth every penny.
i've never heard of anything like that, but i assume body butter probably works, since it's sticky. but that would feel like you have more makeup on your eyes then if you just used a primer, since that's a concern of yours. [:
I've never tried something like that. I have heard the concealed or foundation works as a primer. But if you want to try that I suggest doing it one day your home just to test it out.
They sell different types of primers. If concealer makes you break out, I imagine body butter on your face will too. Shop around for primers or skip it all together.
use plain chapstick or foundation! chapstick is great when u just ran out.





xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment