Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Is it ok if I use olive oil as a daily moisturizer for my face instead of other moisturizing creams like nivea

No, it will clog your pores and make you break out.





Invest in a facial moisturizer that says it is noncomodegenic, meaning it wont clog pores.





Facial moisturizers were designed specifically for the face so they wont colg pores and will give you a healthy glow, whereas olive oil will just make your face greasy.Is it ok if I use olive oil as a daily moisturizer for my face instead of other moisturizing creams like nivea
Yes you can. Commercial products are Mineral Oil based, it only sits on the surface of your skin. Vegetable oils will penetrate the epidermis and dermis layers.





suggest you slather it on, wait, then wash off so you don't feel greasy. Mayonaise and salt (equal amounts) is a great exfoliant/moisturizer for your skin.Is it ok if I use olive oil as a daily moisturizer for my face instead of other moisturizing creams like nivea
Olive oil is heavy any I would suggest using it only as a treat for your skin, try applying it as a type of mask once a week,apply a thin layer to your skin and massage in periodically (once every 15 mins or so) until the greasiness goes. If it doesnt seem to ';sink in'; then wipe away with a cotton pad and use less next time,if using less doesnt help,then it's probably too rich for your skin anyhow. At all other times,use a regular moisturiser to avoid blocked pores.
I used to do that years, but only when I was at home. It did not cause any problems per se, but it was very thick, sticky and greasy. I did however find 100% natural ';jojoba oil'; - it mimics the skin's natural oils, which turned out to be fantastic. So when my skin a little extra moisture, I use jojoba oil.
Not olive oil. Use coconut oil instead, it won't clog your pores and it works great as a natural moisturizer.
You could also use Vaseline or Eucerin. I used it in the winter and I don't break out from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment